Internet Marketing Commercial Property
by John Highman, Commercial Real Estate Coach
It is very evident today that the Internet is becoming a critical component of commercial property promotion in every marketing campaign. Any property buyer or tenant will go to the Internet initially to seek property detail and market information. How you and your properties rank on the search engines is really very important.
- The website that you operate from should be keyword optimized. This means that the keywords associated with your business and property speciality should be appearing throughout the site on many of the pages. This helps the search engines identify your focus and business type.
- The web pages within the website should have a clear page headings that are relevant to the search engines and any people making enquiries. A correct description is quite important so that your website and each page therein can be clearly ranked by the search engines. This also says that each web page should be optimised for the enquiry that you want.
- The traditional commercial real estate business covers special types of property listings and enquiry. That could for example be retail property, industrial property, or office property. Within each of those property types, the focus will be sales, leasing, or property management. To handle this variation correctly, it pays to have separate landing pages within your website that are optimised for the location and the discipline that is your focus. The separate landing pages will capture the right type of enquiry given that they are optimised for the focus and location (eg New York Property Management).
- To assist with the promotion of your website, extra pages of content should be added regularly. This is content that speaks to and about the property type or your location. It is not content that relates to the sale or lease of a particular property listing that is so important, as that will occur anyway within the website all of the time. Search engines like to see keyword rich content being added regularly to your website. If you can do this every few days or even each day, it will significantly help your real estate business ranking within the search engines. A content page created every day will boost your relevance to the search engines.
- The search engines like to see extra content rich pages being added to the website on a regular basis. This shows the search engines that you are running an active website that is relative to the industry. It helps them satisfy enquiry from the world wide web.
- From your website it is wise to consider linking to other industry based websites. Conversely you can also seek links from other industry based sites back to your website. The search engines like to see linkages with the other high quality industry based websites and locations. This shows trust and relevance and allows your site to be considered for a better ranking.
- Consider writing a blog that contains information and content focused on your property specialty and location. The blog should be updated regularly and contain links to your website and other industry based specialty sites or locations. The blog can be created at little or no cost on one of the blog engine’s such as www.WordPress.Com and www.blogger.com
- Within your property specialty, you can write information articles to show the search engines that you know what you are doing and what you know about the local property market. These can be loaded to the article based websites such as www.ezineartilces.com or www.articlesbase.com or www.goarticles.com Each article that you write should be featuring a link back to your real estate business website.
Go to http://commercial-realestate-training.com/articles.html for more coaching tips for Commercial Real Estate.